Setting up Consent: The Complete Guide
Triggerbee Consent is a GDPR tool that makes it easy for you to capture consent from your subscribers. Consent also stores all contacts that have given consent under Profiles, so that you can easily find or export a detailed list of contacts that have accepted to receive digital communication.
- Navigate to Cookie and Consent Bar in My Triggerbbe --> Customization.
- Click "Create new" on the right.
- Enter your Company Name and Contact Information, click Save.
- You will be redirected back to the Cookie and Consent homepage. Click "Create New" again.
- Now you'll go through 5 steps that will help you set up your policy. The first step is to adjust the data retention information in your policy.
Date field: The date which your policy was written
If you already have a policy written by your own lawyers, select the date it was published on your website.
Pink slider: Slide to adjust how long your company saves and uses personal information after the date of collectionThis information lets your contacts or subscribers know how long they can expect to be stored in your system if they don't Opt-out from any communication.
Note: These are standardized templates that cover basic information about tracking, cookies, and usage of personal information. It is not specifically and automatically customized to your website or your company's processes. We strongly recommend you read it and customize it to fit your company.
There's also the possibility of having more than policy, in different languages. Simply press Add language in the next step.
- Fill out or edit the fields in this section, then click on Save and continue when you're done. We have pre-filled all the fields, but we recommend that you read through and adjust the content to your specific company. Red square: Title. A single sentence to present what your visitors will see when they click on your notification on your website.
Blue square: Choose what text you want on each button according to:
- In the next step, you can choose the template of your policy notice. This notice will appear on the website for first-time visitors and its purpose is to inform the visitor that you are tracking their behavior on your website. Select a layout, and move click on "Next".
Callout: Appears in one of the corners of the screen.
Panel: Appears as a full-width banner in the top or bottom of the screen.
In this step you can edit the appearance of your policy notice. To edit something, click on the desired section you'd like to edit and customize the colors. These are the sections that are editable:
- The icon
- The text color
- The background color
- Button text color
- Button background color
- The last step is to publish your widget. You currently have 3 options available:
|Publish options||Website policy notice||In Widgets|
|1. Show to all website visitors and link from my widget forms||Yes||Yes|
|2. Only linked from my widget forms||No||Yes|
|3. Do not show automatically||No||No|