Setting up an Automation
Instructions for setting up your first, or tenth automation is found below. If you're looking for some inspiration or instructions for a specific automation, feel free to browse our Automation Library.
- Go to Automations. If is this your first Automation, you will land on the "Create New" view. If not, you will se your current active and inactive Automations.
- To Create a New Automation, click Create New in the left menu, or the + sign to the right.
- Name your Automation. We recommend that you choose a name that describes the automation, for example "Send converted visitor to Mailchimp".
- Pick your Trigger, i.e. what action on your website should trigger your automation. You can choose from 3 different categories:
- Goals. An action that has been executed by the visitor, as a sign of engagement. For example, logging in, filling out a form, viewing a youtube-clip etc. You can read more about Goals here.
- Widget Form Submission: When a visitor submits a form (eg. registering for a seminar with their email).
- Path: When the visitor visits a specific URL.
It is possible to combine and build triggers with logic operators. Examples:
AND NOT: The visitor must have visited a certain URL AND been there at least 3 times.
AND: The visitor must have completed the goal "added product to cart" AND NOT the goal "completed purchase".
OR: The visitor must have completed the goal "downloaded pdf 1" OR "downloaded pdf 2".
- Pick what Action should occur on the trigger(s). You can choose one or several actions. Depending on what apps you have integrated to Triggerbee, you will see different actions in the list. Here you will find a list of all available actions.
- Save your automation.
Congratulations, you just created your first automation!
This is what a complete automation could look like: