Integrating with Rule
Rule subscriber tracking and segmentation
Create leads with Rule Mailer. What subscribers and companies are spending a lot of time reading about your offers, who orders and who does not order..? The Triggerbee for Rule App brings you great profiling capabilities to your existing subscriber lists. Use it to trigger emails based on website activities, profile your subscribers in Rule to create hyper segments and become more relevant in your communication.
Note: Make sure you follow all the steps in this article to fully integrate Rule.
Step One. Activate the integration
Fill out the API key and Press Save. Make sure authentication is successful. Otherwise, an error will be shown after the settings are saved.
Try waiting a while if you just created the API-key and authentication is unsuccessful. If the authentication is still unsuccessful, check again that your API-key does not contain any extra characters than copied. Sometimes an extra blank space is added when copying.
A. Triggers: This is where you choose which one of your lists in Rule that Triggerbee should integrate with, eg. populate with new subscribers.
B. Update subscriber properties: Choose what properties Triggerbee should populate and update on the subscriber in Rule. These are the recommended properties:
- Goals (called tb_goals in Rule): A list of all goals that the visitor has acquired during their visits.
- Name (tb_name): The name of the visitor
- Interest Profile 1 Name (tb_profln1): The name of the top interest profile the contact has.
- Interest Profile 1 Value (tb_proflv1): The value (in percent) of the top interest profile.
- Interest Profile 2 Name (tb_profln2): The name of the second-largest interest profile the contact has.
- Interest Profile 2 Value (tb_proflv2): The value of the second-largest interest profile
- Interest Profile 3 Name (tb_profln3): The name of the third-largest interest profile the contact has.
- Interest Profile 3 Value (tb_proflv3): The value of the third-largest interest profile
- Last Seen (tb_last_seen): Date and time of when the visitor last visited the webpage
- First Seen (tb_first_seen): Date and time of when the visitor first visited the webpage (since the installation of triggerbee)
- Consent properties: 6 different consent values of the latest given consent, like date, context and policy version
C. Select which lists Triggerbee should update: Choose which of your lists in Rule (must match at least one of the lists in step A), that Triggerbee should sync these properties with.
Step two. Enable automatic identification of subscribers in Triggerbee
When a subscriber clicks through your Rule newsletter to your site, Triggerbee can automatically identify that visitor as a subscriber, and add their email to your Insights lists in Triggerbee, along with the data we have collected on the visitor, such as Interest Profiles, Goals and Consent.
- In Rule Mailer: Click the checkbox "Triggerbee tracking" in your Settings page Triggerbee Integration in Rule Helpdesk
Congratulations, now you are completely done with the integration and set up of Rule!