Integrating with APSIS
Note: This article applies to the standard Apsis application. If you are using Apsis One, please have a look at this article instead
Integrating Triggerbee with Apsis
The Triggerbee Apsis integration makes it possible to get better analytics on what companies and subscribers are reading the articles on your website. Feedback all website activities back into Apsis for enhanced segmenting of the subscribers. This brings you new profiling capabilities to your existing subscriber base along with great lead nurturing and marketing automation capabilities.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you follow all the steps in this article.
1. Activate the integration
Make sure API-feature is activated in Apsis by going to Account --> Integrations and look for a section called “API-keys”.
(If the group doesn’t exist you have to contact Apsis Sales to order this feature)
- Generate a new API-key in Apsis, name it "Triggerbee".
- Copy the generated API-key. Make sure the API key doesn't add any blank spaces or other extra characters when copying.
- In Triggerbee, go to "Integrations" and activate the Apsis App.
Fill out the API key and Press Save. Make sure authentication is successful. Otherwise, an error will be shown after the settings are saved.
Try waiting a while if you just created the API-key and authentication is unsuccessful. If the authentication is still unsuccessful, check again that your API-key does not contain any extra characters than copied. Sometimes an extra blank space is added when copying.
Once successfully authenticated, open Apsis App in Triggerbee again. A. Triggers. This is where you choose which one of your lists in Apsis that Triggerbee should integrate with, eg. populate with new subscribers
B. Update subscriber properties: Choose what properties Triggerbee should populate and update on the subscriber in Apsis.
IMPORTANT: All the properties you choose must be set up and matched in your Apsis account in order to function. Make sure you also follow the steps in "Updating fields with Triggerbee data" below.
Also remember that all of the properties including the word "Consent" are not to be used unless you are using Triggerbee Consent.
C. Select which lists Triggerbee should update. Choose which of your lists in Apsis (must match at least one of the lists in step a), that Triggerbee should sync these properties with.
2. Enable automatic identification of subscribers in Triggerbee
When a subscriber clicks through your Apsis newsletter to your site, Triggerbee can automatically identify that visitor as a subscriber, and add their email to your Insights lists in Triggerbee, along with the data we have collected on the visitor, such as Interest Profiles, Goals and Consent.
- In Apsis: Go to Account --> Integrations --> External statistics and activate "Google Analytics”.
- Under Tracking Keys, add another Key.
- Enter the key name utm_custom[apsis] in the key field and set its value to ##SubscriberId##
- You are done with the integration! Now continue to the next part of the set up, "Updating fields with Triggerbee data."
3. Updating fields with Triggerbee data
In order for Triggerbee to be able to populate and update data on the subscriber, a couple of data fields needs to be set up in Apsis.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to set up the same properties as you choose in step 1.6.A above ("Update subscriber properties"), and only these.
- Go to Settings for Recipients, found on "Home" dashboard.
- Select demographic data in the sub-menu.
Add the matching values for your chosen properties in Triggerbee, from the following list:
- tb_goals (Goals that the visitor has acquired)
- tb_name (Name of the visitor)
- tb_org (Organization)
- tb_rating (Rating)
- tb_ratingm (Rating Last 30 days)
- tb_profln1 (Interest Profile 1 name)
- tb_proflv1 (Interest Profile 1 value)
- tb_profln2 (Interest Profile 2 name)
- tb_proflv2 Interest Profile 2 value)
- tb_profln3 (Interest Profile 3 name)
- tb_proflv3 (Interest Profile 3 value)
- It should look like this when you are done (depending on what properties you choose in Triggerbee):
- Congratulations, now you are completely done with the integration and set up of Apsis!