Logging Goals from HTTP URLs
One way of setting goals on a specific visit is to log them through http and query parameters.
This way you can log events from an iframe and log events from a separate domain.
It can also be used to transfer the identity from one domain to another using iframes.
- Track logins from other domains
- Track event signups
Goals can be logged either by name only or together with a specific revenue.
With name only
- Template: www.website.com?utm_goal=goal name
- Example: www.triggerbee.com?utm_goal=Completed%20Purchase
With name and revenue
- Template: www.website.com?utm_goal[name]=goal name&utm_goal[revenue]=cost
- Example: www.triggerbee.com?utm_goal[name]=Completed%20Purchase&utm_goal[revenue]=99
Note: Special characters can not be used in UTM-links. Instead, use their UTF8 value. For example, to use space, put %20.