Examples of Common Triggers
Triggers can be used to create automation tasks with ease.
Here are a few examples:
- Add a label "Customer" to visitors that have logged in. (Labels are used to segment visitors, target widgets and emails).
- Subscribe visitor to your newsletter list, add the email adress to a list in your email system.
- When a visitor starts signing up but never finishes: Send an email after 1 hour reminding him. Check out our How-to article on recovering carts.
- Trigger an email when someone fills out a form on the website. For example: Signup form to webinar, send last newsletter to those that subscribe to your newsletter
- Add to CRM (only Pipedrive supported currently)
- Target a Widget with a custom message to a visitor on his next visit
- Send notifications to sales staff on certain behaviour (for example viewing certain pages, recurring visits etc)
- Increase lead score on certain behaviour
- When someone coming from a certain campaign (ads, email) views a certain page, or signs up then send an email
- When someone labeled as "Prospect" and has visited your site five times, invite to a call with your Sales team.
- When a lead shows a lot of interest in a particular offering, automatically assign him to a sales rep responsible for that offering
You can sequence many actions so that when someone does something on the site, a chain of events can happen. Let's say someone signs up to a seminar/webinar, then you could set up the following sequence:
- Send Confirmation email to visitor
- Add the visitor as subscriber to the newsletter list
- Notify Sales Staff and update the visitor in CRM
- Wait 1 hour
- Send our most recent newsletter
- Wait 24 hours
- Send a previous newsletter
- Send a text message / SMS inviting the visitor to call our sales staff