Integrating with Voyado
Note: In order to integrate Triggerbee with Voyado, you need to prepare your Voyado account. Contact your Client manager at Voyado to get started and to get all credentials for integration before continuing with this guide.
Start with the basic authentication. Once this is in place, you can add Automations and Audience Targeting.
- Navigate to Apps & Integrations in Triggerbee, and locate Voyado to start the integration.
- Enter your credentials in the Authentication fields:
- API: The API Key from Voyado
- URL: The URL to your Voyado account, which Voyado will provide you with. (Note! The URL has to have /api at the end)
- Soft Identification Key: The Soft Login Key from Voyado
- External StoreID (optional): The External ID of the store (if you have more than one) in Voyado.
- Click Save and wait a few seconds to allow the authentication to be successfully set up. Then, move on to the configuration part.
- Add the audiences you want to work with in Triggerbee. This can be done later, so move on to the next step if not necessary from start.
- Add the Custom Triggers (automations in Voyado) you want Triggerbee to access. The automations TriggerOne, TriggerTwo and TriggerThree are default. This can be done later, so move on to the next step if not necessary from start.
- In the next step, you have some additional settings that are optional. Leave these if you don't wish to change them.
- Update properties
- In the final step of the configuration, you have to select contact types.
- Primary Contact: type: The type of contacts you primarily use in Voyado (Member or Contact). What you select here will determine what type of contacts Triggerbee will create in Voyado upon conversion.
- Secondary Contact type (optional): If you are working with multiple contact types in Voyado, enter your secondary type here to allow Triggerbee to update those contacts with data.
- Now you're done with the integration! Now visitors will start to be identified when they arrive from Voyado Newsletters.
Audience and Label Targeting
With the Triggerbee - Voyado integration, you can target onsite campaigns based on what labels and audiences the visitor belongs to in Voyado. Labels will automatically be added to Triggerbee Audiences, but Voyado Audiences has be to declared in the integration. Simply enter the name of your audience from Voyado, and it will appear inside Triggerbee Audiences for targeting.
How to create an audience with Voyado data
- Navigate to Audiences and create a new.
- Open the filter options and select the Voyado Label or Audience you want to target. Also define whether the visitor should be in the audience (equals) or not (not equals).
- Save the Audience. Now you can use this audience as targeting in your campaigns to communicate with your visitors in this audience.
Note: Voyado data targeting is only possible for visitors that have been identified, in order for Triggerbee to be able to ask Voyado if the visitor is in the specified label/audience.
Trigger automation in Voyado
If you want to be able to Trigger emails, text messages or add Labels in Voyado directly via Triggerbee, they need to be declared under the "Trigger" headline in the Voyado Integration. Add your triggers from Voyado according to Trigger Name = Voyado Automation Alias. You'll get the Voyado automation alias from your Voyado contact if you can't find it, and the Trigger name should describe what the automation will do, eg. "Send Welcome Email".
Note: Triggerbee can only trigger Voyado Custom Automations, eg. the ones with the pointing finger icon:
How to set up the automation in Triggerbee
- Navigate to Automations and open the automation you want to edit, or create a new one.
- If you create a new automation, select your triggering event on the left-hand side, eg. when a visitor completes a purchase or logs in.
- Add another Action, and select "Trigger an automation". In the dropdown, select the automation you want to trigger. If the list is empty, scroll up here and check if you have added the automations correctly.
- Save your automation and you're done!
Send converted visitors to Voyado
Once you have the integration between Triggerbee and Voyado in place, you will be able to start creating contacts in Voyado from Triggerbee Campaigns.
- Start by creating and designing your Campaign with a form.
- To connect Voyado, open the Form Settings and activate Voyado. This will automatically create an automation that sends the converted email address to Voyado. If you are collecting more data in your form, such as telephone number, you will also be prompted to map that data to a specific field in Voyado.
- By default, Triggerbee will also add "Triggerbee" as source for the contact. If you wish to change this, simply "Go to Automation" and update the source field:
- Depending on your setup in Voyado, you might also want to add Consent preferences to the contact in Voyado. To do this, add the action "Update consent preferences" and select your options.
- If you wish to update any other fields on your visitor, you can do this with the action "Update field", where you select what field in Voyado you want to update, and with what Triggerbee data.
- When you're done with all your actions, press Save. The automation will automatically go live when your campaign goes live.
How to check subscriber status on signup
With the Triggerbee subscriber check, it is possible to make a request to your connected Email marketing tool, to see if the subscriber that wants to sign up already is a subscriber or not. If so - you could display another message for them (eg, instead of the discount code).
- When creating your campaign with a Form, add at least two primary and one success slide. Use the primary 1 for the signup form just as you usually do, and the success slide for the welcome message (with or without discount code). Then, create another primary slide where you have another message for already subscribed visitors, eg. "You are already a subscriber. Check your inbox for the latest news"
- Open the Form Settings and add the connecting to Voyado as usual. Then, activate the option "Show alternating message if email already exists in remote list".
- Now, select the primary 2 to be displayed if the subscriber that signed up is already in Voyado.
- Depending on the purpose of your signup form, you might not want to run the automation connected to your email tool at all for visitors that are already subscribed. In that case, you can activate the "verify as new subscriber" feature to have the automation only run for actual new subscribers.
- Save your settings and you're done :)