How to create the Triggerbee Cookiebar
- Start by navigating to Consent and Cookiebar under My Triggerbee --> Customization.
- Click "Create new" on the right.
- Enter your Company Name and Contact Information, click Save.
- You will be redirected back to the Cookie and Consent homepage. Click "Create New" again.
- Now you'll go through 5 steps that will help you set up your policy. The first step is to adjust the data retention information in your policy.
Date field: The date on which your policy was written
If you already have a policy written by your own lawyers, select the date it was published on your website.
Pink slider: Slide to adjust how long your company saves and uses personal information after the date of collection.
This information lets your contacts or subscribers know how long they can expect to be stored in your system if they don't Opt-out from any communication.
Note: These are standardized templates that cover basic information about tracking, cookies, and usage of personal information. It is not specifically and automatically customized to your website or your company's processes. We strongly recommend you read it and customize it to fit your company.
There's also the possibility of having more than policy, in different languages. Simply press Add language in the next step.
- Fill out or edit the fields in this section, then click on Save and continue when you're done. We have pre-filled all the fields, but we recommend that you read through and adjust the content to your specific company. Red square: Title. A single sentence to present what your visitors will see when they click on your notification on your website.
Blue square: Choose what text you want on each button according to:
- In the next step, you can choose the layout of your cookiebar. This cookiebar will appear on the website for first-time visitors and its purpose is to inform the visitor that you are tracking their behavior on your website. Select a layout, and move click on "Next".
Callout: Appears in one of the corners of the screen.
Panel: Appears as a full-width banner in the top or bottom of the screen.
In this step you can edit the appearance of your cookiebar. To edit something, click on the desired section you'd like to edit and customize the colors.
- The last step is to publish your cookiebar. You currently have 3 options available:
|Publish options||Cookiebar||In Campaigns|
|1. Show to all website visitors and link from my widget forms||Yes||Yes|
|2. Only linked from my widget forms||No||Yes|
|3. Do not show automatically||No||No|
After publishing your policy and cookiebanner, you can edit it by clicking the "Edit" button in the Consent overview.
How to disable the cookiebar
To disable the cookiebar completely from the website, simply toggle the green on/off switch under "policy widget on website". If you only wish to disable the cookiebar (but keep the policy active for usage in campaigns), you can edit the policy and select a different publish option.