Integrating with MailerLite
Integrating Triggerbee with MailerLite opens up the possibilities of communicating with your subscribers based on their behavior and interests on your website, and only sending them content you know they want to read. Higher engagement, more meaningful conversations, and better insights about your subscribers are just a few clicks away.
As soon as your subscribers land on your website, Triggerbee starts tracking their behavior, activity, and interests. When they click on a button on your website, fill out a form, or visit any page, Triggerbee will collect that information and build a subscriber profile based on their behavior. When your subscriber is done browsing, Triggerbee automatically updates their profile in your MailerLite account with their activity from your website. That means the next time you send out an email campaign, you can target subscribers interested in a specific area on your website, who performed a specific action, or follow up with the ones that didn't take action on your offer.
How to set up the integration
Start in your MailerLite account
- Log into your MailerLite account and go to Integrations and MailerLite API.
Click on "Generate new token". We recommend that you name the key to "Triggerbee" to easily keep track of it.
- Copy the generated key and continue to your Triggerbee account
- Navigate to Apps & Integrations in Triggerbee and open the MailerLite app.
- Enter the API key you created in MailerLite and Press Save. Make sure authentication is successful. Otherwise, an error will be shown after the settings are saved. Try waiting a while if you just created the API key and authentication is unsuccessful. If the authentication is still unsuccessful, check again that your API key does not contain any extra characters than copied. Sometimes an extra blank space is added when copying.
- Once successfully authenticated, move on to the Configuration part of the MailerLite integration.
- First, you'll be prompted to add all the audiences from MailerLite that you want Triggerbee to access. This is usually your master audience and your newsletter audience.
The next step is to add what properties Triggerbee should populate your subscribers with, eg. when they last visited the website and what they are interested in. These are all selected by default, de-select any you don't wish to use. Also add for which audiences the subscribers should be populated, usually the same as you selected in step 4. Save.
- Congratulations, now you are completely done with the integration and setup of MailerLite!
Send form submissions to MailerLite
Once you have the integration between Triggerbee and MailerLite in place, you will be able to start creating subscribers in MailerLite from Triggerbee Campaigns.
- Start by creating and designing your Campaign with a form. Complete the setup with naming, triggers, and audience. But don't publish the campaign yet.
- Then, navigate to Automations in the left menu and create a new one. Add your campaign as the triggering event on the left in the Automation
- On the right, add MailerLite actions to "Add email to list" and select the list you want to send your subscriber to.
- If you are collecting more data in your form, or wish to update any other fields on your subscriber, you can also add the action "Update field on subscriber". Select what field in MailerLite you want to update, and with what Triggerbee data.
This is what your final automation should look like:
- When you're done with all your actions, press Save. In the automation overview, activate the automation. Then you are ready to publish your campaign!
With the Triggerbee - MailerLite integration, you can target onsite campaigns based on what lists the visitor belongs to in MailerLite.
- Navigate to Audiences and create a new one.
- Open the filter options and select the MailerLite List you want to target. Also, define whether the visitor should be in the list (equals) or not (not equals).
- Save the Audience. Now you can use this audience as targeting in your campaigns to communicate with your visitors in this list/audience.
Note: MailerLite data targeting is only possible for visitors that have been identified, for Triggerbee to be able to ask MailerLite if the visitor is in the specified list
How to check subscriber status on signup
With the Triggerbee subscriber check, it is possible to request your connected Email marketing tool, to see if the subscriber who wants to sign up already is a subscriber or not. If so - you could display another message for them (eg, instead of the discount code).
When creating your campaign with a Form, add at least two primary and one success slide. Use the primary 1 for the signup form just as you usually do, and the success slide for the welcome message (with or without discount code). Then, create another primary slide where you have another message for already subscribed visitors, eg. "You are already a subscriber. Check your inbox for the latest news"
- Open the Form Settings and add the connection to MailerLite as usual. Then, activate the option "Show alternating message if email already exists in the remote list".
- Now, select what audience in MailerLite you want Triggerbee to check, and select the primary 2 to be displayed if the subscriber is already in that audience.
- Depending on the purpose of your signup form, you might not want to run the automation connected to your email tool at all for visitors who are already subscribed. In that case, you can activate the "verify as new subscriber" feature to have the automation only run for actual new subscribers.
- Save your settings and you're done :)