Profiles are where you find your identified visitors
A profile is a known person that visits your website. Once a visitor is identified in Triggerbee through email or any other type of contact information, it is converted to a profile and stored under the Customer profile section. The difference between a visitor and a profile is that a profile has converted from an anonymous visitor to a known person by identifying themselves with their email address (and sometimes other properties such as name and telephone number).To understand how visitors are identified and turned into profiles take a look here.
In the profile section, we will list the email and name (if identified) of the profiles, what goals they have achieved, any labels, what engagement level they have, and when they last visited your website. Clicking on the name of the profile will open a more detailed view of the person. If you have another identifier than email, this will show instead.
Here you'll find aggregated information about this profile, such as:
- Contact Information such as email, name, and telephone number.
- A summary of the profile. When was their first and last visit, how many times have they been to the site in total, what device are they using, etc.
- Aggregated Interest Profile
- If the profile has any Tags
- All the important events and fulfilled Goals
- All campaigns they have interacted with
- A list of all their visits, in chronological order.
Manage Customer Profiles
Profiles can only be created through identification in Triggerbee, or by importing. It is important to remember that importing profiles does not mean that Triggerbee will know when that profile visits the website. They still need to identify themselves in order for Triggerbee to connect the profile with the identification cookie.
Importing profiles is useful for adding more data to profiles that you already have in your CRM or other databases. Eg. adding customer-tags or contact information, so that when the profiles identifies themself - you already have all their information in Triggerbee. Here's how to import profiles!
1. Navigate to the Import page.
2. Download the Import Template, and open it in Excel or Google Sheets.
3. Copy & paste your contacts into the template, and save it as a.csv-file.
4. Go back to Import in Triggerbee, hit the "Choose File"-button and select the file you just saved.
5. Click Preview in the left corner and ensure that everything looks correct. The bolded text on the right shows the information you've added.
6. You're almost done! If everything looks correct, click on "Import". You can choose between two different options when you import.
Recommended: Ignore empty columns. This means if you have empty columns in your sheet, it won't affect any existing profile already in your Triggerbee database.
NOT recommended: Remove existing data with empty columns. This means that if "email@example.com" already exists in your Triggerbee account, and you have added him in your .csv file, any cell left empty will also clear his information in Triggerbee.
7. Click on "Yes" to import your profiles!
8. Congratulations, you've just made your first profile import!
It is possible to export visitor- and/or customer data from Triggerbee. The export will result in a .csv file that can be opened and edited in your preferred spreadsheet.
1. Click on the export-button in the Customer profiles view. Make sure that your filter (if any) is selected.
2. Select the segment you want to export, or leave it if you want to export all data.
3. A download process will start. Depending on the size of the export, the download might take a couple of minutes.
Note: Exporting large amounts of data will take significantly longer to download.
4. Once your export has finished, you'll get an email. The email will tell you by who, when and from where the export was drawn.
Important! The link will only work once and will expire if not used within 24 hours.
Exporting Single User Profile
When a user asks to see all the personal data you have collected about them, you can from Triggerbee export a file with all the information you/Triggerbee have saved of that user.
If you want to export the data of specific contact you can do it from the people view in your Triggerbees account.
1. Navigate to the People view and locate the contact you want the data to be extracted from. The easiest way of finding specific contacts is to search for their email in the Filter field.
2. Click on the three dots on the right, and select Export in the drop-down menu. This will download a .txt file with all the information Triggerbee has collected about that user.
Note: Is the user requesting that you delete all data you have on them? Read this guide on how to delete a contact
There are two ways to delete a profile from your database.
Deleting a Single User Profile
1. Navigate to the Profiles section in Triggerbee and locate the contact you want to delete.
2. Open the Contact card and press Delete on the right-hand side.
Deleting Multiple Profiles
1. Navigate to Audiences > Profiles > Delete in the left side menu.
2. Chose to upload a .csv file, or write the email addresses of the user profiles you want to delete.
i. Upload a .csv file with only one unique identifier per row. The file can contain a maximum of 5 000 rows. If you are trying to delete more than that, you will need to split your file in batches and repeat the process for each batch.
ii. To delete profiles manually, enter the email addresses of the contacts you want to delete. It is important that you enter one address per line.
How to Create Custom Profile Properties
Where can I find these fields?
The new, custom fields are available in several places:
- As columns in the people view
- Inside the detailed contact view
- In Automations
- In CSV exports
You can extend the Contact object with custom fields such as Age or Gender or any other field you want to track.
1. Navigate to Audiences > Profiles > Profile fields and press the button to create a custom field.
2. Set the property key, and the display name which is what will be shown in your database and on every Profile with a value set in the corresponding field.
Edit Columns in the Profile list
In the Customer profiles view, it is possible to customize the columns by adding or removing the columns you want to show.
Click the Customize Columns Button in the top right corner of the Customer profiles view.
In the list, check or uncheck the columns you want to have in your list. You can choose as many as you like.
- Click Save you save your choice of columns. The list will reload automatically. Now you have your new, customized view!