Integrating with Apsis Pro
Note: This article applies to the standard Apsis application (Pro). If you are using Apsis One, please have a look at this article instead
Integrating Triggerbee with Apsis
The Triggerbee Apsis integration makes it possible to get better analytics on what companies and subscribers are reading the articles on your website. Feedback all website activities back into Apsis for enhanced segmenting of the subscribers. This brings you new profiling capabilities to your existing subscriber base along with great lead nurturing and marketing automation capabilities.
Step One. Activate the integration in Apsis
Make sure API-feature is activated in Apsis by going to Account --> Integrations and look for a section called “API-keys”.
(If the group doesn’t exist you have to contact Apsis Sales to order this feature)
- Generate a new API-key in Apsis, name it "Triggerbee".
Copy the generated API-key. Make sure the API key doesn't add any blank spaces or other extra characters when copying.
- In Triggerbee, go to "Apps & Integrations" and open the Apsis App.
- Fill out the API key and Press Next. Make sure authentication is successful. Otherwise, an error will be shown after the settings are saved. Try waiting a while if you just created the API-key and authentication is unsuccessful. If the authentication is still unsuccessful, check again that your API-key does not contain any extra characters than copied. Sometimes an extra blank space is added when copying.
- Once successfully authenticated, move on to the configuration part.
In the configuration, select what Lists you want Triggerbee to be able to access to create new subscribers in.
Next, select what properties Triggerbee should automatically update in Apsis after every new visit. These are all selected by default. Also select in what lists the contacts should be updated. We recommend that you only select your master list.
IMPORTANT: All the properties you choose must be set up and matched in your Apsis account in order to function. Make sure you also follow the steps in "Updating fields with Triggerbee data" below.
- Save again to be done with the setup in Triggerbee. Then, go to your Apsis account to proceed with step two of the integration.
Step Two. Enable automatic identification of subscribers in Triggerbee
When a subscriber clicks through your Apsis newsletter to your site, Triggerbee can automatically identify that visitor as a subscriber, and add their email to your Insights lists in Triggerbee, along with the data we have collected on the visitor, such as Interest Profiles, Goals and Consent.
In Apsis: Go to Account --> Integrations --> External statistics and activate "Google Analytics”.
- Under Tracking Keys, add another Key.
Enter the key name utm_custom[apsis] in the key field and set its value to ##SubscriberId##
- You are done with the integration! Now continue to the next part of the set up, "Updating fields with Triggerbee data."
Step three. Updating fields with Triggerbee data
In order for Triggerbee to be able to populate and update data on the subscriber, a couple of data fields needs to be set up in Apsis.
Go to Settings for Recipients, found on "Home" dashboard.
- Select demographic data in the sub-menu.
- Add the matching values for your chosen properties in Triggerbee, from the following list:
- tb_goals (Goals that the visitor has acquired)
- tb_name (Name of the visitor)
- tb_org (Organization)
- tb_rating (Rating)
- tb_ratingm (Rating Last 30 days)
- tb_profln1 (Interest Profile 1 name)
- tb_proflv1 (Interest Profile 1 value)
- tb_profln2 (Interest Profile 2 name)
- tb_proflv2 Interest Profile 2 value)
- tb_profln3 (Interest Profile 3 name)
- tb_proflv3 (Interest Profile 3 value)
It should look like this when you are done (depending on what properties you choose in Triggerbee):
- Congratulations, now you are completely done with the integration and set up of Apsis!
Send form submissions to Apsis
Once Triggerbee has helped you identify and convert your visitors, you might want to add them to your email subscriber list. This is done through Triggerbee Automations.
- Start by creating and designing your Campaign with a form.
To connect Apsis, open the Form Settings and activate Apsis. This will automatically create an automation that sends the submitted email address to Apsis.
- If you are collecting more data in your form, such as telephone numbers, you will also be prompted to map that data to a specific field in Apsis.
If you wish to update any other fields on your visitor, you can "Go to Automation", where you add the action "Update field". Select what field in Apsis you want to update, and with what Triggerbee data.
- When you're done with all your actions, press Save. The automation will automatically go live when your campaign goes live.
Trigger email from Apsis
The Triggerbee - Apsis integration also allows you to trigger emails from Apsis directly via Triggerbee events. This is done through Triggerbee Automations.
- Navigate to Automations and open the automation you want to edit, or create a new one.
- If you create a new automation, select your triggering event on the left-hand side, eg. when a visitor completes a purchase or logs in.
Add another Action, and select "Send the visitor an email". In the dropdown, select the email template you want to trigger.
- Save your automation and you're done